Barkby Hospitality is comprised of two separate growth businesses, Barkby Pubs and Workshop Coffee.
Barkby Pubs is a boutique hospitality business focused on premium gastropubs, inns and function spaces.
Workshop Coffee was established in 2011 and is a vertically integrated coffee company specialising in the sourcing, roasting and selling of specialty coffee through multiple channels being retail, wholesale and online. Quality Control checks and balances remain at the heart of this process.
Workshop Coffee operates a dedicated number of specialty coffee bars throughout Central London as well as having a state of the art roastery in Bethnal Green that is responsible for the roasting, serving and training of a growing number of wholesale customers in the U.K. and Internationally.
Wholesale partners include: Claridge’s, The Fat Duck Group, Starwood Hotels, Twitter, PKB, Palantir and multiple independent business’ scattered all over the world.
Workshop has identified and is exploring significant business growth opportunities in overseas territories through licensing and distribution.
The Strategic Mission is to create the most desirable specialty coffee brand in the UK and further a field.
Barkby Hospitality operates acclaimed gastropubs with hotel rooms, focused on delivering a value-driven top quality experience in select destinations. It has seven multi-award-winning pubs located in the Cotswolds and West Sussex. It has established a reputation within its local markets for producing good quality food served in high-end and atmospheric pub locations with a keen focus on customer service.
Barkby Hospitality currently includes the following gastropubs:
The Five Alls
- Jan 2020 ranked as one of the Top 50 Cotswold pubs by The Cotswold Gentlemen
- November 2019 won ‘Best Dining Pub’ and ‘Best Boutique Hotel’ in the Cotswolds in the Cotswolds Awards in association with Cotswold Tourism.
- September 2019 awarded Certificate of Excellence by Cask Marque
- May 2019 nominated as Best Destination Pub by Muddy Stilettos Awards
- Best Pub in the Southwest region and Best Pub in Gloucestershire by the National Pub & Bar Awards 2016
- 38th out of the best 50 pubs in the UK in the ‘Good Food Guide’ 2016
- Luxury Traditional Hotel of the Year (Luxury Travel Guide Awards) 2016.
Recommended by the Good Pub Guide and highly rated on travel sites such as Tripadvisor (4.5/5)
Reviewed in The Telegraph as: “the quintessential charming country pub. A sensitive update has retained its authentic appeal, and the food is a complete treat”.
- October 2019 Best Pub Dining, Best Pub with Rooms, Best Pub Garden and Best Pub in the Cotswolds Awards.
The Bull Hotel
- The Bull Hotel is recommended by the Good Pub Guide, which states: “Lovely renovation of old coaching inn, character bars and dining rooms…a visit is strongly recommended”.
- December 2019 named as one of the Top 10 places in the Cotswold Eats Awards.
- October 2019 nominated Best Hotel, Best Restaurant, Best Pub and Best Dining Pub in the Cotswolds Awards.
George at Burpham
The Queens Arms
The Rose and Crown Inn
The business has the intention to continue to expand and acquire acclaimed gastropubs with hotel rooms.